A Happy Developer’s Code
Every developer, programmer, code junkie, etc. needs a code to code by. And if you are like me, it is a part of your core. Being my first official blog post on Happy Developer Labs I want to take a brief moment and share mine. So, without further ado, the core code of a Happy Developer.
- Code like you are running out of time.
- Can do attitude.
- If you have an idea, prototype it. Just do it – otherwise stop talking about it.
- Allow yourself to create poor work. Then do it better. This is how you grow.
- Be persistent.
- There is more to life than code. Always be learning something. Keep it diverse.
- A solid team is always more successful than going it alone. Work on team building.
- Focus on your own flaws and others’ virtues.
- Learn to find joy in others’ achievements.
- Be active in a community – online and offline.
- Give back. Why? Because a happy life is one of service.
With time this will evolve and be refined. For now it is where I will start.
What’s your code?